11/26/08

nu thang

my wife is a great cook. she pretty much cooks me 3 meals a day, and they always seem to be whatever I am thinking would be the best thing to eat at that moment. it is usually super creative and interesting, but even when it is pretty conventional, it hits the spot.

we are lucky, or blessed people. we complain about our country, our economy, and even our daily lives which usually consists somewhat of responsibilities that we make for ourselves. consumer stuff, like clothes, activities, entertainment, materialism. one thing I know is that Jesus loved the poor and oppressed. I can't imagine how cliche and annoying I might sound right now, and how often I say that too. I don't know much about it but I know hundreds of people are dead or wounded around India from terrorist bombings or attacks. people are starving, desperate, and lost hope. we have the advantage of growing up in America, the ideal of freedom and hope, and it is hard for us to even see what goes on around the world, let alone make an impact. it almost seems like there are 2 type of people, those that believe we've earned the leisures we have in consumer America and those who say we need to earn them or don't deserve them. I don't know if that makes any sense, or even where I fall. I know I am thankful for the place and family I was born into, and that in my heart, as I know you all do, I feel the need for others to be able to feel that blessed.

i watched Mongol last night. loved it. there will be 2 more making a trilogy about Ghengis Khan. I am looking forward to seeing Inglorious Basterds!

tomorrow we will celebrate good harvest with good food, family, and friends, and hopefully we will all acknowledge all that we have to be thankful for, and take that everywhere we go... that is about as cheesy as I can get, but I mean it.

Life has been good, watching my kids grow is going by faster and faster all the time, as busy as we make ourselves, we are doing our best to enjoy and make well every minute of it.

who was telling me about that Disneyland nintendo game where you walk around disneyland and ride rides? I found it on ebay for like $6! yeah i bought it, it is awesome. come up and play nintendo and do puzzles with us sometime!

No comments: