6/7/10

dad things

i am listening to "Martini Lounge" station on aol radio, which my Dad found, its like James Bond radio. Next week, for our anniversary, Andrea and I are gonna stay at Northwoods and be Big Bear Tourists for a day. I am thinking we should drink Martinis at Stillwells. can't wait. I was gonna go see We Barbs tonight with Nate, but with Andrea, and Nate, working now it is too much to try and do those things these days. Sorry Derek. I am planning on going to a different Monday Spaceland show when school is out though. I am happy Andrea is subing alot and using her education and gifts and enjoying it. It has been a long time coming, and some full-time possibilities are opening up now too! Last week Esmes class had a fathers day "donuts for daddys". It ruled. i got a lamenated picture and description of myself by Esme, a wood-saw card, and a picture of Esme with a hard hat and skill saw in a nuts-n-bolts frame. we drank coffee, ate donuts, acted manly, and painted eachothers' feet. Mrs. Shetter shared with the class not growing up with a Dad and the importance of time and example. i appreciated that so much and was very impressed with her. I dropped Esme's glasses off at school today just in time for her eye and reading exams. She was wearing a jumper (or a bouncer? hopper?) today and looked so cute i gritted my teeth. Oh yeah, Matt, I played Kings Quest 6 yesterday and wished you were there! anyone remember that? I have been feeling content and thankful, I don't want to move lest anything changes, but our journey will continue and I hope we trust and follow God all along the way. Last night Fireproof was on TV, i'm sure there are alot of typical opinions on this, but it is so good! I cried. it is pretty cheesy but i think it hits home with modern day marraige and life, and has great virtues and value. The message of being honest about our mistakes and imperfections, but loving and serving eachother anyway. Esme was asking what Kirk Cameron was doing at the cross, and I explained Christian faith, accepting Jesus into your heart and following Christ, It was really cool. Not just the process but our need for salvation, love, and hope in life. Esme was pretty intrigued and I told her to process it for a while. Then she went and got her Bible and we read some stories on the Old Testament about making sacrafices and offerings to God in order to be purified if sin, and we talked about how God later sent his son to do that for us. On the other hand, I watched, again, that NighLine where Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort tried to prove the existence of God with "only science" again the Rational Response Squad. That hurts to watch. Mainly because, in my opinion, you Ccan't PROVE God with merely science. they made fools of themselves and the RRS was very smart , simpler, and more attractive with their rebuttals. anyway, Fireproof is good, and I am a dorky old cheeseball i guess.

1 comment:

d. vanheule said...

I love this post. especially the last part about you telling Esme about the Lord. so Beautiful man.