12/17/08

that is what Owen calls it (snow). tons of it, and neverending. to the point where you just go ahead and put on your full snow gear, pants, boots, huge jacket, everyday. I love it, it is beautiful and enchantingly 'quiet and white', as derek would put it. I need to get some pictures up of the kids sledding. I got 2 sweet ski sleds for $5 each at a yard sale this summer. Owens is black with a star wars type steering wheel. Esme's is pink and purple and is the same one matt and i got for christmas as kids and rode until mikey broke his back on it 6 or 7 years ago. i was pulling the kids real fast on owens sled and it took me a while to notice that owen had fallen off, his foot caught in the seat, and i was dragging him like in the movies when they would tie a cowboy to a horse and slap its butt. he sat up in shock when i noticed and stopped, his face was white. so sad. he was very mad and told me i am not his dad anymore and he didn't love me. but later on when we were inside by the fire he said i am his dad and he loves me, so i guess he will get some toys from santa clause afterall.

1 comment:

rosie said...

I love the kid stories. The mountains around Vegas are covered in snow, it makes me miss Big Bear very very much. Love you guys.