3/24/07

F word! God forgive me God forgive me God forgive me God forgive me God forgive me...

i remember when i was a kid my freinds would want to come to sleepy forest so bad to snack on the continental breakfast snacks that we could get for free from the office kitchen (or basically steal). i always wondered why they liked the tiny bagels, round cream cheese containers and tree top apple juice cans so much. i guess i was sick of them, i was spoiled. brianna and i used to run down to a neighbors wood pile and hide the snacks in the wood if we didnt finish them. what was the point of that? now i monotinously set out and put away similar breakfast items almost every morning of my life. and that wood pile is still in the same spot. my fear is to never leave. my hope is to move on. but at the same time, i will stay here and stress myself out every day about all the little details of owning my own business just like my mom does, if that is where i belong. my dad would tell you, according to his diagnosis, that i am like my mom and my brother is like my dad. for the most part i've realized this is true. although i hate this place at times because i have to see them stress out so much, i am damn proud of my parents. and how blessed we are with what we have been given. someone recently anonymously sent my wife a book called "the power of optimism". i hate stupid books like that, but this one is ringing true.

4 comments:

pedronegro said...

I would love some free breakfast. I would even sneak some to the ol wood pile with you if you want, you know for old time sake. I love who you are and the man that your have become. I think that you have grown up so much and are a very respectable father, husband, and friend. Thanks for all the good years josh I miss you and your family tons.

Matt Pool said...

This is some good old nostalgic shit. God forgive me God forgive me God forgive me God forgive me God forgive me God forg...
I remember.

la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

I posted this on your other blog, then realized that you haven't posted there for a while:

Josh,
We talk about how we could move back to Big Bear and be grown-up friends with our baby and yours playing by the firelight. The only thing ann lynn did to me is made me rock and roll--three horse open slay style.
We love you guys,
Love,
Paul

Nick said...

I wonder how many of the breakfast items have been eaten by employees and family and friends???? Gotta be close to how many guests eat them man. Good stuff..

p.s. your kids are awesome man.